Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe. Chicken Cafreal aka Galinha Cafreal is a Portuguese influenced dish popular in the Goan cuisine! Learn how to make this Goan delight with step by step pictures. No festive occasion is complete without chicken cafreal on the menu along with the popular sorpotel, vindaloo's/vindalho's, xacuti and the likes.
Chicken curry cooked with coriander, green chillies and vinegar. The traditional method uses deep-frying to cook the chicken, but you can grill it if you prefer. Serve chicken cafreal hot with a fresh green salad.
Yes, this is an easy recipe just taking into consideration the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe
- Prepare of For Cafreal Masala to Grind.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green cardamom.
- It’s 4-5 of cloves.
- You need 6-8 of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion finely chopped.
- It’s 7-8 of Garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 1 bowl of chopped Coriander leaves.
- You need as needed of Water.
- It’s of For Marination.
- It’s 3/4 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tsp of Grinded Cafreal Masala mixture.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of large onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of Chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
Chicken Cafreal – Goan Galinha Cafreal Recipe. You can adjust the heat in this chicken cafreal recipe by using more or less green chilies. To begin making the Goan Style Chicken Galinha Cafreal Recipe, we will first grind all the ingredients given in the list to grind to a coarse paste. Serve the Goan Style Chicken Galinha Cafreal Recipe along with pav, focaccia bread, or.
Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe instructions
- Firstly in the pan add cumin seeds, Coriander seeds and whole spices like cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds dry roast until they becomes aromat smell. But don't burn it..
- After off the flame and cool them slightly then transfer dry roasted ingredients to Grinder or mixi jar..
- Additionally add to grinder chopped onions, Ginger, garlic cloves, 2 chillies and 1 bunch chopped coriander leaves & required water to grind to make a smooth paste..
- For Marination :- take the mixing bowl, Put the washed chicken, add turmeric powder, salt according to taste and grinded Cafreal Masala mixture to it..
- Further add lemon juice mix well together. After cover the lid and leave for marinate. At least rest it for 30 mins – 1 hour..
- Next heat the 2 tbsp Oil in Pan, once oil is heat sufficiently, add Finely chopped onion, saute well till they turns translucent..
- Now add Marinated chicken into the Pan mix well. Saute for 2-3 mins. Close the lid and cook for 10 mins. Meanwhile Stirring occasionally.
- After open the lid, and check the cookness of chicken then add required water. (don't add more water)..
- Cover and cook another few minutes or until chicken is well cooked..
- Lastly Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. And serve with Rice or Paratha..
If you like you can add a little fresh coriander to the paste. I know of a Goan restaurant, which does it and it tastes delicious. Chicken cafreal is an authentic Goan dish which is a flavour bomb. It is one of the most ordered dishes in the restaurants in Goa. A Chicken Cafreal recipe is a Goan style Chicken Dish and very popular in Goa and all over the world.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Chicken Cafreal/Goan Style chicken recipe. If you have questions or requests just about this article, divert open us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page correspondingly you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com