Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed). Mughlai paratha (Bengali: মোঘলাই পরোটা) is a popular Bengali street food that originated in Bengal Subah (in present-day Indian state of West Bengal and Bangladesh) during the time of Mughal India. Mughlai paratha recipe or egg mughlai paratha or bengali egg moglai porota is popular as Bangladeshi and Kolkata street food. It's a special paratha recipe of bengali cuisine, where chicken or mutton keema or mince was used with eggs as stuffing in the original.
Mughlai paratha is an exemplary illustration of Mughal influence on the cuisine of Bengal that had sneaked through the kitchens of Nawabs of Murshidabad and now has become In its original version, the paratha is usually stuffed with keema (minced meat) and then fortified with egg, the meat filled. The moghlai porota (or mughlai paratha) is a flaky, flour pastry filled with a mixture of beaten eggs, keema, spices, and seasoning. It differs from other. the recipe for mughlai paratha is very unique and filling compared to the other vegetables stuffed paratha. moreover the traditional moglai porota is prepared with minced meat preferably chicken or mutton meat coated with egg yolk. however i have prepared it with.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just later than the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed) for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed) using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed)
- Prepare of For Paratha dough.
- It’s of All purpose flour / maida -3cups.
- It’s of Refined oil : 3 tbsp + more for greasing.
- Prepare of Salt -1tsp.
- It’s of Warm water-1cup.
- You need pinch of Baking powder :1.
- Prepare of kalanji/kalojeera(optional)-1tsp.
- It’s of For Chicken /Mottun minced filling.
- It’s 250 gm of Minced meat :.
- It’s of Onion cut into slices- 1 large.
- It’s of Green chillies : 2-3 chopped.
- You need of Ginger-garlic paste :1tbsp.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder :.
- Prepare of Cumin powder :1tbsp.
- Prepare of Salt-to taste.
- It’s of sugar-1/2tsp.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Red chilli powder-1tsp.
- Prepare of Bengali garam masala /clove-cinnamon-cardamom powder-½tsp.
- You need of Cilantro/ Coriander leaves (chopped)- 4 tbsp.
- Prepare of Other stuffing.
- You need of Eggs beaten well with pinch of salt -4 -5.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for shallow frying the paratha.
- Prepare of Breadcrumb-1/2cup.
- It’s of Onions : 1cup finely chopped.
- You need of Green chillies : 2-3 tbsp finely chopped.
- You need of Coriander leaves (chopped)-3 tbsp.
- Prepare of Lemon juice-2tsp.
- Prepare of Salt-to taste.
Mughlai Keema Paratha is a very famous street food which has another name Keema Baida Roti. In Kolkata we call them 'moglai porota'. I made these parathas exactly like street style with minced meat, but you can skip that Keema part and keep the rest of the. A stuffing of minced meat and egg mixed with spices is used as a filling in the paratha or the soft bread.
Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed) step by step
- To prepare the paratha dough At first take a bowl and Sift the flour, add kalanji/kalojeera(optional),sprinkle the salt, baking powder if you are using and make a well in the center and add the oil..
- Then we using your fingers, rub the oil with the flour very well till it resembles fine bread crumbs Than this will ensure the flakiness of the paratha. Knead the dough using warm water, adding it slowly and knead it into very soft and soft dough. The dough should be soft, stretchy and should be able to roll out thin.
- Once you attained that stage, grease the dough with the oil, cover it with damp kitchen towel /dam masline cloth and leave it to rest for 1 to2 hours. For Chicken /Mottun minced fillin At first wash the minced meat (keema) in a colander, keeping a bowl underneath Then heat 2tsp vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion slices. keeping the heat to the maximum, add the minced meat (keema) and fry on a high heat. It will start releasing lots of water..
- Then add the ginger and garlic paste, all the spices, green chillies, salt and keep frying it on high heat. Then add the water dries up, check for the seasonings, lower the heat, cover it and cook till done. Add few spoon of water if requires to keep the meat moist. Add the chopped corinder leaves and mix it well. Make the Mughlai paratha Then knead the prepared dough lightly for couple of minutes. Divide it into equal golf ball size sections. Then grease the rolling pin and the board..
- Then take the ball, roll out thinly into a square. Roll out as thin as possible but not paper thin, else it will not hold the stuffing well Then use the pictures given in the post as guide. Then spread a teaspoon of egg evenly on to the paratha, leaving the edges. Then place the minced meat filling in the center. Top it with 1 tsp finely chopped onions, 2-3 pieces of finely chopped green chillies,bread crumb,lemon juice,1 pinch salt and 1 bitten of egg mixture on the minced meat..
- Then fold the paratha as per the pictures, making it well enclosed packets..
- Heat the oil in the frying pan. Place one paratha in hot oil, folded side down first..
- Once it starts browning, flip it over and fry the other side..
- Then flip it once more, this time slightly press the edges of the paratha for even cooking and fry till golden brown. Flip it and fry the other side till golden brown..
- Then repeat the steps till the dough last to serve. Then take out and soak the excess oil on absorbing kitchen paper..
- Now Mughlai paratha is ready!!! This is famous street food in kolkata. sprinkle with a pinch of black salt on top and serve hot with tea or with tomato ketchup or kasundi (bengali mustard sauce) and with sliced raw onions and cucumbers or salad and dry spicy potato curry/chicken of your choice.any season…..
It is usually served with a green chutney dip. How to make Mughlai Paratha: Take a big bowl and mix flour, baking powder and salt. Make a meal of this wholesome and tasty Mughlai-style stuffed bread. Serve it with your favorite chutney. Heat a griddle on a medium flame.
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Mughlai paratha/ Moghlai porota (Chicken minced stuffed). If you have questions or requests just about this article, engross log on us as soon as possible. And don’t forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com